At the Brampton Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Spa, Dr. Robert Sleighholm performs approximately two hundred procedures a year. He specializes in body shaping and facial procedures, including breast reductions.
Having disproportionately large breasts can adversely affect women’s day-to-day lives:
- Chronic or long-lasting pain in the back, neck and shoulders caused by the weight of the breasts. This can sometimes result in chronic headaches.
- Nerve damage caused by poor posture. Large breasts often cause women to roll their shoulders forward, which can cause compression of nerves and blood vessels resulting in pain or tingling.
- Difficulty exercising. Some women are self-conscious about their breasts while exercising, and therefore find it difficult to participate in sports.
- Skin irritations, as it can be difficult to keep the area beneath large breasts dry. Sweat might not dry easily causing heat rashes, yeast infections, chafing, stretch marks, or indentations in shoulders caused by bra straps pressing in.
- Issues with body image, as large-breasted women often find themselves the objects of unwanted attention. They might also have difficulty finding well-fitting clothing.
These are some of the reasons that women opt for surgery to deliver smaller, firmer, and more shapely breasts.
Remember, it’s important to be honest about your expectations while meeting with Dr. Sleightholm to let him make appropriate recommendations.
How Will Dr. Sleightholm Perform Female Breast Reductions?
Dr. Sleightholm will perform breast reduction surgery under a general anaesthetic. In most cases, he will make one incision around the areola and another running vertically from the bottom edge of the areola to the crease underneath the breast. Scars are thin, and virtually disappear over time.
Advice on Choosing the Right Cosmetic Surgeon from Dr. Robert Sleightholm
“It’s important to select a board certified plastic surgeon with the educational background, training and credentials to safely and professionally perform this type of procedure. The physician you select should be dedicated to plastic and cosmetic surgery.”
Dr. Robert Sleightholm also performs male breast reductions.