To determine whether a physician is qualified to perform your cosmetic surgery procedure, you should always ask for proof of credentials.
Ensure that the cosmetic surgeon you’re considering is part of these two professional organizations:
- The Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- The Canadian Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgeons (CSAPS)
Dr. Robert Sleightholm’s Medical Education
Dr. Robert Sleightholm completed his medical degree in 1979 at Western University in London, Ontario, and went on to complete his residency in plastic surgery at the University of Toronto.
After his residency, Dr. Robert Sleightholm received a fellowship in plastic surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1986.
As a board-certified Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC), he is a qualified cosmetic surgeon.
Dr. Robert Sleightholm is a member of multiple professional organizations, including the:
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- Canadian Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgeons (CSAPS)
- Canadian Laser Aesthetic Surgery Society (CLASS)
- American Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
CSPS and CSAPS are the only professional bodies that Canada recognizes for plastic and cosmetic surgeons.
CSAPS, in particular, enforces strict criteria to ensure experience and efficiency in cosmetic surgery. The organization only extends membership to FRCSC-certified surgeons who meet specific ethical and professional standards.
Dr. Robert Sleightholm is continually researching and keeping aware of the latest and best practices in the field of cosmetic surgery. He devotes several weeks each year to conferences and continuing education.
He has presented and published articles about:
- Breast Enhancement and Reduction Treatments
- Abdominal Contouring Surgery
- Skin Tightening Procedures
- And more!
Dr. Sleightholm believes this level of commitment is required to ensure patients safely get the best possible results from these life-changing procedures.
Book a consultation now with Dr. Robert Sleightholm at the Brampton Cosmetic Surgery Clinic and Medical Spa.